2010/12/31

The Reflection on Samantha’s essay, Two Different Kinds of Markets

At the beginning, I want to say some opinions to this article. First, Samantha told many differences between the traditional markets and supermarkets, such as the price of goods, the locations, and the quantity of goods we buy. And she gave all of these differences an example; I think this is very important to an essay. I learned the way to give my ideas a definition totally from this essay. Second, the concluding of this article is also good for me. She gave both suggestion and opinion in the concluding. It makes me feel more related to me and my life.
And then, I want to tell a story that this article reminds me. Before I went to kindergarten, I lived at a little village in Miao-Li with my uncle and aunt because my parents had no time to take care of me. My uncle is a farmer and my aunt is a vendor in the traditional market.
I was very little and slight, so I could sit on the wheelbarrow which my aunt used to carrying the vegetables. I always sat on the wheelbarrow, and my aunt would push the wheelbarrow to the traditional market where about twenty minutes away our home. On the way to traditional market, my aunt would teach me to sing children’s ballads; and when we passed by the bridge over a river, she would held me to see the turtles on the rocks in the river and the egrets eating in the river.
However, when I was five, my parents decided to take me back to Taipei. Although I could not help crying out loud, my parents insisted the education in Taipei would be better than Miao-Li. Before I got into junior high school, I went back to Miao-Li every summer and winter vacation. While I am getting older and older, the schoolwork became more and more; the time to have fun and take a rest became less and less.
I miss my uncle and aunt very much. Though I can see them in the winter vacation once a year, I still think of them often, especially when I saw a turtle or an egret. I know that I have grown up and I cannot go back to the childhood, but the memories between me and my uncle and my aunt would be the most vivid memories in my childhood. And I am old enough to take care of them now; I think it is the time to repay for their kindness to me.
(420 Words)

1 則留言:

  1. It's a good reminiscence of childhood happiness, but it does not have much to do with the composition discussed.

    Brenda Chou

    回覆刪除