2010/12/30

The reflection on Mandy’s essay

After I read her essay, I learned some strong points in it. First of all, her grammar was good. The tense was better than me. Her essay taught me that the tense had to agree with sentence front and back; we can’t give the different tense of verb to the sentence. Giving the wrong tense in the article will confuse readers that they can’t understand the time this article happened. The second, sentence structure was strong. For example, she knew which place the clause had to put in, I made this mistake often. A sentence had a wrong structure, including wrong tense and wrong grammar knowledge. It’s really serious! The third point, I used Chinese thinking to write English essays. There are some differences between Chinese and English, we wrote English essay in our Chinese thinking, ignoring minor differences. Such as English sentence needs a subject and a verb, but Chinese sentence can only have only subject and many verbs. But we forgot this rule, making the mistakes that become an incomplete sentence. The last point, she used the different meaning to describe a common word. For example, I used “beautiful” or “pretty”to explain a woman, she used “beauteous”to describe. If our tense, sentence structure and vocabulary spelling is well done, we can use some modifiers to make the sentence become more pretty and graceful. Readers want to understand what contents in your essay; they also need an easy and smooth one. I don’t think I can suggest Mandy the useful advice about her article; on the contrary, her good points gave me some ideas that how to improve my weakness. It does can help me to write a complete article. (301)

1 則留言: