2011/10/02

To My Dear and Loving Husband


If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.

I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompence.

Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

"To My Dear and Loving Husband" was written by Anne Bradstreet. She was the first female who wrote the poem and published her work in America. In this poem she presented her stable love to her husband. The famous sentence was “My love is such that Rivers cannot quench”, she used the skill of metaphor to prove her love just like a deep river. Nobody could take out her passionate to her love. Just like the movie named “Twilight - endless love “. She just liked a chief actor who had determination on their relationship. Another meaning “forever love” was said she abide by the God rule. If you swore in front of the God, you will not betray him just like to your husband. You had to be loyalty forever. This content let me know that love is important than anything on the world. Our love will not stop, it is immortal. It is so sacred that people in now days seldom can give discreet promise to each other. (words:170)

沒有留言:

張貼留言