2014/01/04

A reflection on peer's essay

A reflection on peer's essay.
Becoming an independent person
Anna Peng

  After reading peer’s article, I felt that I’m not independent enough now because I still have no jobs recently. Therefore, I have to rely on parents. The main structure of the article is to describe a new definition "mommy boy" and elaborate the content with the author's personal experience. And the main purpose of this article is  tell us to be more independent and stop relying on your parents. However, contrary thinking of this topic, I argue that parents’ behavior is the main problem of this topic. Why would I say that? It is because parents are scared of letting their kids to be out of the real world. They are likely to be protective to their kids. If parents let their kids to experience outside the home to work independently and to travel independently, their kid will grow up and more independent eventually. 

    Let’s talk about myself. I think that I was more independent when I was 10 than now. It is because I was at Singapore alone studying primary school and staying at my host family house. It was a difficult decision for my family that I told them I would like to stay in Singapore alone when I was only 10 years old.

     Let’s get back to the topic, as I mentioned just now, parents’ behavior is the main problem. At least my parents have no problem of letting me go. They have let me be out of Taiwan to experience what I have never experienced before. Therefore, I was quite appreciated for what my parents did for me that made me a different person. I think I was much independent than everyone else because I can cook by myself, open an account by myself, live alone by myself, and of course travel to New York by myself. Another thing that everyone would get frustrated while handling a situation like this, driving 5 hours straight from Kentucky to Atlanta by myself at two o’clock in the morning.And I did it. But thinking of the mommy boy that the article mentioned, I think they should live out of their comfortable circle and suffer in the real life. Then they will know how good it is like to be independent. 

     I also mentioned that I’m not an independent person now is because I’m living in a comfortable circle in Taiwan. Taipei city is a very convenient city compared to big city like New York or Boston. It is too convenient that you can see 711 in every block corner. You can buy things to eat there and buy stuff to use there and also buy grocery there. Why would people have to cook for themselves while such a convenient store is just a block away from your house. It is too convenient that made people feel that they don’t even need to grow up independently because they can rely on the convenient stuff. Also, new technology today made people feel even more convenient than the old days. Why people have to go library for research paper? Thanks to the technology today, we can use our iPhone or iPad to make a spectacular research paper.


537/2000
Coco Yang  

1 則留言:

  1. Well, the parents has different situation, maybe in Asian countries they are mostly don't want to send their kids with idea of protection, however, in Europe parents are generally sending their kids to abroad for their experiences.But until you able to handle your life hood, i'm sure your parents would love to take care of you. SO don't pressure yourself they love you!

    回覆刪除